Wednesday 11 June 2014

Creating your Perfect Gym Playlist | MUSIC

 
Hello my lovelies,  so for my first post I thought I would write about something that I love doing. That's right, creating a gym playlist.

For me personally a playlist can either make or break a good workout . I can't tell you how many times I've been halfway through a strong run on the treadmill and all of a sudden I lose my pace because I have to change songs.
Everyone's preference to music is different. So to begin with you need to decide what genre of music motivates you the most. For me it has to be rock, I like music that is fast paced, fun and makes me feel bad ass . When I workout I want my music to make me feel like I'm in an action film.
The gym I currently train at puts on pop music and dance, from what I can see it's a very popular option. And I can see why. I often take out my earphones whilst on the weights to to change things up every now and again. So don't be afraid to mix up your playlist with different genres.

So once you've figured out the genres you want to listen to, you need to pick the songs carefully. Time to get your favourite CD's out.

Just a few of mine, throwing The Hoosiers in there just to mix it up a little.

Now you need to pick songs that you know you're not going to get tired of because that's when a playlist can slip. One of my favorite tracks to run to is AC/DC Thunderstruck, that is a song that can motivate me over and over again. I also love Kings and Queens and Closer To The Edge by 30 Seconds to mars. These are the type of songs that make me feel empowered. And that is the emotion you need when working out.

Then, after you've picked your favorite songs, you need to put them in order... this is key !
When I'm on the treadmill running I start my playlist with 3 fast and powerful songs. This motivates me to run and also lasts until my cool down. So by the time I start walking the playlist has slowed down ever so slightly. There's nothing worse than listening to a great running track and having to walk. 
My best piece of advice is working out the times of each song so they match your work out routine. It may take a while to perfect, but once you have your perfect playlist it will be worth the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment